Man glassed outside town nightspot
A NIGHTCLUBBER suffered deep slash wounds to his face today after he was attacked with a smashed glass outside an Ipswich nightclub.The incident happened at about 1.15am outside Brannigan's nightclub in Cardinal Park.
A NIGHTCLUBBER suffered deep slash wounds to his face today after he was attacked with a smashed glass outside an Ipswich nightclub.
The incident happened at about 1.15am outside Brannigan's nightclub in Cardinal Park.
A 31-year-old man was taken to Ipswich Hospital with what police described as serious facial cuts.
It is believed the victim, who was enjoying a night out, went to help two women who appeared to be having problems with a man inside the club.
You may also want to watch:
As the victim tried to help the woman, he was hit in the face with a glass.
The attacker then left the area with another man. The attacker is believed to be in 20s and is described as of European appearance and spoke with a foreign accent. He was wearing a white t-shirt.
- 1 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 2 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 3 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 4 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 5 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
Police would like to hear from anybody who was in the area at the time or who saw the incident to contact Dc Phil Clare at Ipswich CID on 01473 383188.