Man glassed outside town nightspot
A NIGHTCLUBBER suffered deep slash wounds to his face today after he was attacked with a smashed glass outside an Ipswich nightclub.The incident happened at about 1.15am outside Brannigan's nightclub in Cardinal Park.
A NIGHTCLUBBER suffered deep slash wounds to his face today after he was attacked with a smashed glass outside an Ipswich nightclub.
The incident happened at about 1.15am outside Brannigan's nightclub in Cardinal Park.
A 31-year-old man was taken to Ipswich Hospital with what police described as serious facial cuts.
It is believed the victim, who was enjoying a night out, went to help two women who appeared to be having problems with a man inside the club.
You may also want to watch:
As the victim tried to help the woman, he was hit in the face with a glass.
The attacker then left the area with another man. The attacker is believed to be in 20s and is described as of European appearance and spoke with a foreign accent. He was wearing a white t-shirt.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Hospital site at St Clement's in Ipswich transformed into homes
- 3 New axe-throwing bar with crazy golf and cocktails could be coming to Buttermarket
- 4 How developers hope to bring 'important' town centre building back to use
- 5 See the faces of the criminals who have been jailed in Suffolk this week
- 6 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 7 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 8 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 9 Church ripe for homes conversion is under offer
- 10 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
Police would like to hear from anybody who was in the area at the time or who saw the incident to contact Dc Phil Clare at Ipswich CID on 01473 383188.