Man guilty of sexually assaulting two schoolgirls is jailed
- Credit: Gregg Brown
An Ipswich man has been jailed for six years after a jury convicted him of sexually assaulting two schoolgirls.
Before Ipswich Crown Court was Daniel Cowan, 33, of Bromley Close, Ipswich, who was found guilty of two charges of sexually assaulting two schoolgirls. He had denied both charges.
The offences date back to 2012.
Giving evidence during his trial Cowan denied having a sexual interest in under-age girls.
The court heard Cowan had been warned off by the parents of one of the girls because they felt he was paying too much attention to their daughter.
The 10-year-old girl later claimed that Cowan had tried to kiss her and had touched her indecently over her clothing.
Cowan had also sexually assaulted a girl aged between 10 and 12.
- 1 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 2 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 3 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 4 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 5 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 6 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
- 7 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 8 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 9 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 10 Ipswich pubs offer cash reward to see spiking conviction