Man hit by train at Trimley St Martin was 82 and from Felixstowe area
- Credit: James Bass
A man who died after being hit by a train in Trimley St Martin yesterday is believed to be 82-years-old and from the Felixstowe area.
Emergency services were called to the line near Grimston Lane in Trimley St Martin after receiving a report a man had been hit by a train at around 12.20pm.
Ambulance crews attended, however the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
A spokesperson for the British Transport Police said this afternoon: “We were called to the line near Grimston Lane, Trimley St Martin, Suffolk on Tuesday to a report of a person struck by a train.
“Medics from East of England Ambulance Service also attended the incident and a man, believed to be 82-years-old from the Felixstowe area, was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers are working to formally identify the man and inform his family.
“The incident is not being treated as suspicious.”
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 3 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 7 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 8 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 9 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront