Man hurt in school bus crash
A CAR and a bus have crashed in Ipswich during the morning rush hour.
A CAR and a bus have crashed in Ipswich during this morning's rush hour.
The collision happened in Belvedere Road, near to the entrance of the cemetery, at about 8.20am.
Emergency services are at the scene and the road was partially blocked by the incident.
The male driver of the car, a red Citroen Saxo, is believed to be injured.
Passengers on the bus, the number 22 Ipswich Buses service to Brunswick Road, believed to include school children, are thought to be unhurt.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said the man, believed to be in his 20's, suffered only minor injuries. She confirmed none of the passengers on the bus had been injured.
- 1 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 2 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 3 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 4 New Venezuelan restaurant to bring fusion of flavour to Ipswich
- 5 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 6 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 7 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 8 Food review: ‘The Botanist in Ipswich lives up to the hype’
- 9 Community calls for action as two questioned over Ipswich stabbing
- 10 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
Ambulance crews discovered the male lying in the road when they arrived at the scene, but after checking him over they gave him advice but did not need to take him to hospital.
The road has now reopened.