Man hurt when thugs pounce in Ipswich
A GANG of attackers pounced on a man as he walked along an Ipswich road, punching him to the head and stealing his rucksack.The 44-year-old man was walking home along Woodbridge Road just after 1.30am today.
A GANG of attackers pounced on a man as he walked along an Ipswich road, punching him to the head and stealing his rucksack.
The 44-year-old man was walking home along Woodbridge Road just after 1.30am today when the thugs spotted him and came up from behind him.
The victim had parked his car nearby and was walking toward his home when the men appeared from the area near Bristo's Garage in Woodbridge Road.
One of the men was heard to shout “let's get him” before punching the man in the eye, causing a cut.
An ambulance was called to the scene and the man was taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment.
Suffolk police mobilised a dog unit as well as several other patrols but they could not find the attackers.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 3 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 6 Judge reassures town centre is 'open for business' after robbery trial
- 7 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 8 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 9 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station
The thug who punched the victim is described as 6ft tall, possibly white, with a slim build. He was wearing a dark anorak with the hood up.
The other men were wearing dark clothing and trainers.
Anyone with information should call Pc Helen Firman at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.