Man in 20s suffers electric shock in Ipswich Wilko
PUBLISHED: 19:11 01 September 2017 | UPDATED: 23:24 01 September 2017
Emergency services were called to help a man aged in his 20s who was reported to have suffered an electric shock in a town centre shop today.
The incident happened in the Wilko store in Upper Brook Street, Ipswich, around 4.40pm.
Police and one ambulance crew were sent to the scene.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We were called to a report of a man in his 20s who had suffered an electric shock.
“He is conscious and breathing, so it is not an electrocution.”
The ambulance spokesman said he did not know how the man sustained the shock.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said it was a “medical incident” and police were there to support the ambulance service.
The man was treated by paramedics in the shop but did require hospital treatment.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ipswich Star. Click the link in the orange box below for details.