Man in court on four rape charges
RAPING a woman four times after punching some of her teeth out were the charges against a Haverhill man in court today (Monday).Rocky Barnes, 30, of Shire Court, Haverhill, denies five charges relating to Friday night and Saturday morning of December 13 and 14 last year.
RAPING a woman four times after punching some of her teeth out were the charges against a Haverhill man in court today (Monday).
Rocky Barnes, 30, of Shire Court, Haverhill, denies five charges relating to Friday night and Saturday morning of December 13 and 14 last year. They include four counts of rape, of which one accusation is anal rape, and a charge of causing grievous bodily harm to his victim.
At Ipswich Crown Court today Barnes appeared in custody and could not see the first witness in the trial, his alleged victim, who gave her evidence from behind a screen.
As she opened the case, prosecution barrister Penny Rector (correct) said Barnes denied having intercourse with the victim on the alleged dates, but told the jury that medical tests on the victim revealed intercourse had taken place on the dates of the charges.
You may also want to watch:
The trial continues.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 3 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 4 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 5 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 6 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 7 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder
- 8 Central Ipswich office tower could be converted into more than 100 flats
- 9 Power cuts in Ipswich leave businesses closed
- 10 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich