Man in court on murder charge
A 21-YEAR-OLD Ipswich man accused of killing Cara Martin-Brown was appearing in court today.Darren Brown of Alderman Road was to appear at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court after being charged by officers on Christmas Eve with Miss Martin-Brown's murder.
A 21-YEAR-OLD Ipswich man accused of killing Cara Martin-Brown was appearing in court today.
Darren Brown of Alderman Road was to appear at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court after being charged by officers on Christmas Eve with Miss Martin-Brown's murder.
The Boxing Day court hearing was arranged because there is a strict time limit that the police can hold anyone charged before they appear in court.
Brown was arrested by police shortly after they found the victim unconscious is an alleyway off the street near to Alderman Road recreation ground in the early hours of Tuesday morning. He was charged 40 hours later.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed that 25-year-old Miss Martin-Brown, of Hawthorn Drive, Ipswich, could have been working as a prostitute in the area.
She was taken to the town's hospital with severe head injuries but doctors could not save her and she died 12 hours later.
- 1 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 2 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 5 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
- 6 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 7 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 8 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
The murder suspect and victim are not related despite sharing part of the same surname.
Police said they would like to hear from anyone who was in the Alderman Road area in the early hours of Tuesday morning.