Man in court on murder charge
A 21-YEAR-OLD Ipswich man accused of killing Cara Martin-Brown was appearing in court today.Darren Brown of Alderman Road was to appear at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court after being charged by officers on Christmas Eve with Miss Martin-Brown's murder.
A 21-YEAR-OLD Ipswich man accused of killing Cara Martin-Brown was appearing in court today.
Darren Brown of Alderman Road was to appear at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court after being charged by officers on Christmas Eve with Miss Martin-Brown's murder.
The Boxing Day court hearing was arranged because there is a strict time limit that the police can hold anyone charged before they appear in court.
Brown was arrested by police shortly after they found the victim unconscious is an alleyway off the street near to Alderman Road recreation ground in the early hours of Tuesday morning. He was charged 40 hours later.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed that 25-year-old Miss Martin-Brown, of Hawthorn Drive, Ipswich, could have been working as a prostitute in the area.
She was taken to the town's hospital with severe head injuries but doctors could not save her and she died 12 hours later.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 3 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 4 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 5 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 6 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 7 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 8 Bicycle stolen from parked car in Ipswich
- 9 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
- 10 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
The murder suspect and victim are not related despite sharing part of the same surname.
Police said they would like to hear from anyone who was in the Alderman Road area in the early hours of Tuesday morning.