Man in court on murder charge
A 21-YEAR-OLD Ipswich man accused of killing Cara Martin-Brown was appearing in court today.Darren Brown of Alderman Road was to appear at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court after being charged by officers on Christmas Eve with Miss Martin-Brown's murder.
A 21-YEAR-OLD Ipswich man accused of killing Cara Martin-Brown was appearing in court today.
Darren Brown of Alderman Road was to appear at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court after being charged by officers on Christmas Eve with Miss Martin-Brown's murder.
The Boxing Day court hearing was arranged because there is a strict time limit that the police can hold anyone charged before they appear in court.
Brown was arrested by police shortly after they found the victim unconscious is an alleyway off the street near to Alderman Road recreation ground in the early hours of Tuesday morning. He was charged 40 hours later.
It is believed that 25-year-old Miss Martin-Brown, of Hawthorn Drive, Ipswich, could have been working as a prostitute in the area.
She was taken to the town's hospital with severe head injuries but doctors could not save her and she died 12 hours later.
- 1 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Bank cards stolen as five cars broken into across Ipswich this weekend
- 4 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 5 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
- 6 Delays on A14 after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Ipswich cannabis dealer avoids immediate jail sentence
- 8 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 9 Soldier headbutted police officer after being caught drink driving
- 10 Impact of pandemic on Ipswich town centre outlined in report
The murder suspect and victim are not related despite sharing part of the same surname.
Police said they would like to hear from anyone who was in the Alderman Road area in the early hours of Tuesday morning.