Man in court on rape charge
AN Ipswich man accused of rape has appeared in court today. Terrence Bennington, 41, of Dickens Road, allegedly raped a woman on June 23.Ipswich Crown Court heard that a not guilty plea had been indicated.
AN Ipswich man accused of rape has appeared in court today. Terrence Bennington, 41, of Dickens Road, allegedly raped a woman on June 23.
Ipswich Crown Court heard that a not guilty plea had been indicated.
Bennington was released from court on bail with conditions to live with his brother in East London, to report to police each day and to have no contact with the alleged victim.
Bennington was also ordered not to leave his bail address between 8pm and 8am.
Judge John Devaux told Bennington to be back at the court on August 29 to enter a plea.
He said if there was to be a trial directions would be given on this date.
- 1 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 2 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 3 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 6 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 7 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 8 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
- 9 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 10 'My son has never seen a health visitor' - Pandemic parents battle