Man in court on rape charge
AN Ipswich man accused of rape has appeared in court today. Terrence Bennington, 41, of Dickens Road, allegedly raped a woman on June 23.Ipswich Crown Court heard that a not guilty plea had been indicated.
AN Ipswich man accused of rape has appeared in court today. Terrence Bennington, 41, of Dickens Road, allegedly raped a woman on June 23.
Ipswich Crown Court heard that a not guilty plea had been indicated.
Bennington was released from court on bail with conditions to live with his brother in East London, to report to police each day and to have no contact with the alleged victim.
Bennington was also ordered not to leave his bail address between 8pm and 8am.
You may also want to watch:
Judge John Devaux told Bennington to be back at the court on August 29 to enter a plea.
He said if there was to be a trial directions would be given on this date.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 3 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 4 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 5 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 6 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 7 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 8 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 9 Man accused of stealing phone from woman in Ipswich street
- 10 South African man jailed for stalking wife in Suffolk after they separated