Man in court on stabbing charges
IPSWICH man Christopher Andrews has appeared before magistrates charged in connection with the stabbing of a Suffolk police officer.Andrews, of Christchurch Street, was charged with wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
By Amanda Cresswell
IPSWICH man Christopher Andrews has appeared before magistrates charged in connection with the stabbing of a Suffolk police officer.
Andrews, of Christchurch Street, was charged with wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
Dressed casually he spoke only to confirm his name and address during the two-minute hearing at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court in Ipswich yesterday.
Pc Tony Owens, 29, was injured in an incident in the town centre during the early hours of Wednesday, February 20.
The father of two, who lives in the Woodbridge area, had been investigating an alarm at business premises in St Helens Street, Ipswich.
- 1 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 2 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 3 Train services in Suffolk cancelled after horses escape onto tracks
- 4 'Quietly confident' - Felixstowe Indian restaurant goes alcohol-free
- 5 Lane on A14 reopens after severe delays on Orwell Bridge
- 6 Man turned up naked on woman's doorstep after Euros Final
- 7 Man found dead as police and fire service called to Ipswich home
- 8 Busy Ipswich road reopens after small sinkhole is repaired
- 9 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 10 Critically endangered calf born at Jimmy's Farm near Ipswich
Andrews, 42, was granted conditional bail to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on March 5, at 9.30am. No pleas were entered at this stage.