Man in court over murder of 23-year-old
A 23-YEAR-old Ipswich man was due to appear before magistrates today charged with the murder of Daniel O'Connor.Dulu Miah, of Spring Road, Ipswich was charged with the murder of 23-year-old Daniel O'Connor yesterday.
A 23-YEAR-old Ipswich man was due to appear before magistrates today charged with the murder of Daniel O'Connor.
Dulu Miah, of Spring Road, Ipswich was charged with the murder of 23-year-old Daniel O'Connor yesterday.
Mr O'Connor, from the Provost Estate in Shoreditch, London, suffered serious injuries after he was assaulted in Silent Street, Ipswich on Sunday, May 2.
He was left on a life support machine after suffering head injuries and died in Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge yesterday - becoming the sixth person to die in suspicious circumstances in the county this year.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem into his death was also due to take place today.
His parents, who live in Ipswich, were informed of his death yesterday and were too distraught to talk today.
- 1 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 2 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
- 3 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car
- 4 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 5 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 6 Vandals strike at beautiful stately home near Ipswich during restoration
- 7 Pub owner on how 'amazing' community support helped venue survive
- 8 Meet the Ipswich 18-year-old who is now one of UK's youngest politicians
- 9 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 10 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
Police yesterday re-arrested Dulu Miah , who had been charged with grievous bodily harm with intent and theft last week, and he was later charged with murder.
Before the incident, Mr O'Connor had been enjoying a night out with his sister Emma when there was as altercation outside a nightclub in Cardinal Park.
A 19-year-old Ipswich man has also been arrested in connection with the incident and bailed pending further enquiries.
Mr O'Connor is the sixth person to be killed in suspicious circumstances in Suffolk this year. In January 73-year-old Russell Harvey was stabbed in his family home in Rubens Road, Ipswich. His 43-year-old son Steven also of Rubens Road was charged with his murder.
A murder enquiry was launched after Ian Halls, 63, was reported missing in January from his Tower Mill Road home. Parts of his body have now been recovered in Lincolnshire and Northampton. His nephew 49-year-old Michael Harvey of North Down Avenue Manchester has been charged with his murder.
On January 21, four month old baby Byron was certified dead at the West Suffolk Hospital Bury St Edmunds. Paramedics were called to the address of his parents James Tuffs 19 and Zoe O'Leary 17, of Hill Rise, Stowmarket, when the baby stopped breathing. Both Tuffs and O'Leary were arrested on suspicion of neglect and causing grievous bodily harm to twin four month old boys and were released on police bail.
Also in February, Anupama Chiti, 36 was murdered by her husband in her Rushmere St Andrew home. Her two-year-old son Pranau was also killed when he and his father Jayaprakash Rao Chiti plunged from the Orwell Bridge.
Did you know Daniel? Would you like to pay tribute him? Contact the Evening Star newsdesk on 01473 324789 or email email@example.com