Man in hospital after balcony fall
A MAN is in hospital today after he fell off a balcony. Emergency services were called to Peterhouse Close, in Ipswich, shortly after 11pm last night.
A MAN is in hospital today after he fell from a third floor balcony at a party in Ipswich .
Emergency services were called to Peterhouse Close shortly after 11pm last night and found the man, who is believed to be aged 30, with a number of injuries to his head and thigh.
He also had other leg injuries and had fractured his pelvis.
A police spokesman said: “It is thought to have been an accident and we are not investigating anything suspicious.”
The man, who has not been named, was taken to Heath Road Hospital in Ipswich where he is recovering in intensive care.
The spokesman added: “Initially we thought his injuries were life threatening but he is in intensive care and he is making good progress.”
- 1 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 2 Two knives found in Ipswich park after six teenagers arrested
- 3 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 4 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
- 5 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 6 Couple get engaged after abseiling down Ipswich Hospital block
- 7 Investigation ongoing after huge blaze rips through land near Ipswich
- 8 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 9 Mobile phone and laptop stolen in spate of thefts from cars near Ipswich
- 10 'I'm so proud' - Jimmy's Farm scoops three prestigious awards
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 11.06pm to a male of 30 years old who had fallen from a balcony during a party.
“He was conscious and breathing and the fall was more than two metres.”
Do you know this man? Call the Evening Star newsdesk on 01473 324788.