Man in hospital after crash
ONE man was taken to hospital today with suspected spinal injuries following a four-vehicle crash at Copdock.It was the second smash within the space of a few hours this morning on the northbound carriageway of the A12.
ONE man was taken to hospital today with suspected spinal injuries following a four-vehicle crash at Copdock.
It was the second smash within the space of a few hours this morning on the northbound carriageway of the A12.
Earlier three vehicles were involved in a minor accident approximately 100 yards from the Copdock interchange.
Paramedics treated one person for whiplash at the scene but nobody was taken to hospital.
The accident happened on the Ipswich-bound carriageway at about 8.50am leaving the nearside lane blocked for a short period.
Only two and half hours later, police were called to a four vehicle accident, again on the Ipswich-bound carriage near the Copdock interchange.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 2 Goat dies and ponies injured after dog attack
- 3 Man was allegedly battered to death in Ipswich guest house, jury hears
- 4 Two men steal pedal bike from outside Ipswich primary school
- 5 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Final homes in 75-house development to go on sale
- 8 Suffolk man collapsed at friend's home
- 9 New independent baby shop opens in Ipswich
- 10 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
Three cars, including a Fiat Punto and a BMW and a Mercedes Sprinter van were among the vehicles involved at about 11.15am.
The driver of one of the vehicles was taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance.
A spokesman for East Anglia Ambulance Service said: "One man was taken to Ipswich Hospital with possible spinal injuries.
"The full extent of his injuries are not yet known.
"Four other people were treated at the scene for minor injuries.
"This is the second accident we have attended on the A12 today."
A spokeswoman for Ipswich police said: "The accident has caused long tailbacks and traffic is building up as far as Stratford St Mary."
Shortly after midday, traffic congestion had eased and vehicles started to slowly move along the A12.