Man in hospital after crash
ONE man was taken to hospital today with suspected spinal injuries following a four-vehicle crash at Copdock.It was the second smash within the space of a few hours this morning on the northbound carriageway of the A12.
ONE man was taken to hospital today with suspected spinal injuries following a four-vehicle crash at Copdock.
It was the second smash within the space of a few hours this morning on the northbound carriageway of the A12.
Earlier three vehicles were involved in a minor accident approximately 100 yards from the Copdock interchange.
Paramedics treated one person for whiplash at the scene but nobody was taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The accident happened on the Ipswich-bound carriageway at about 8.50am leaving the nearside lane blocked for a short period.
Only two and half hours later, police were called to a four vehicle accident, again on the Ipswich-bound carriage near the Copdock interchange.
- 1 Police cordon off section of Ipswich residential street
- 2 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 3 Teenagers arrested after 17-year-old boy stabbed in Ipswich
- 4 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 Anger at parking fines for butcher, barber and carpet fitter shoppers
- 7 School completes £15.5million revamp with demolition of former building
- 8 Teenage boy denies knife attack near Ipswich supermarket
- 9 How pub was transformed into community hub
- 10 Teenager arrested after man suffers cut to neck on Ipswich estate
Three cars, including a Fiat Punto and a BMW and a Mercedes Sprinter van were among the vehicles involved at about 11.15am.
The driver of one of the vehicles was taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance.
A spokesman for East Anglia Ambulance Service said: "One man was taken to Ipswich Hospital with possible spinal injuries.
"The full extent of his injuries are not yet known.
"Four other people were treated at the scene for minor injuries.
"This is the second accident we have attended on the A12 today."
A spokeswoman for Ipswich police said: "The accident has caused long tailbacks and traffic is building up as far as Stratford St Mary."
Shortly after midday, traffic congestion had eased and vehicles started to slowly move along the A12.