Man in hospital after kitchen fire in Back Hamlet, Ipswich
A man injured in a house fire in Ipswich took himself to hospital for treatment this morning.
Three fire engines were called to a “small” kitchen fire at a property in Back Hamlet, near the junction with Duke Street, at 10.40am, according to a spokesman for the Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service.
The blaze, caused by a cooker, had been put out and brought under control by 10.22am.
An East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST) spokesman said a man, believed to be aged in his 20s, suffered a minor burn injury to one of his hands.
The man spoke to an EEAST clinician over the phone and was advised that an ambulance was not needed due to the extent of the injury. Instead, the man made his own way to A&E for further treatment, the EEAST spokesman added.