Man injured at scaffolding yard
A MAN has been taken to hospital after injuring his back at work.The 27-year-old was loading a lorry with metal tubes when he fell in the yard and hurt his back at an Ipswich scaffolding yard.
A MAN has been taken to hospital after injuring his back at work.
The 27-year-old was loading a lorry with metal tubes when he fell in the yard and hurt his back at O.B.O Scaffolding Company Ltd, in Wright Road, Ipswich.
The accident happened at around 8.20am todayand the man who has worked for the company on and off for five years, was taken to Ipswich Hospital with a back injury.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said it was not known how serious the injury was.
The manager of the company, Gary Barker, said: “One of our chaps has hurt his back unloading a lorry.
“They've said at the hospital that it's not serious and he's probably just twisted or sprained his back, or slipped a disc.”
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 5 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 6 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 7 Man with learning difficulties will not go to prison for sex offence
- 8 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products