Man injured in stabbing on Ipswich estate
- Credit: Archant
A man has been rushed to hospital after a stabbing in Ipswich last night.
Police officers were called to the scene in Nacton Crescent shortly after 11pm yesterday by the ambulance service who were helping someone who was suffering from stab wounds.
A man was taken to hospital where he remains with injuries to his arm which are not thought to be life-threatening.
Officers say no-one has been arrested in connection with the incident and that investigations are ongoing.
Several police cars are parked up at the scene and a large section of Nacton Crescent has been taped off by detectives.
You may also want to watch:
A path between the road and Coniston Square is also cordoned off by police while they investigate the incident.
Neighbours have reported seeing two ambulances on the road at around 11.30pm before a number of police cars descended on the area.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 4 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
The stabbing happened only metres away from Packard Avenue, where Tavis Spencer-Aitkens was killed in June 2018.
Five people have now been jailed for a combined total of 104 years for his murder.
Stay with us for updates on this developing news story as we receive more information from the emergency services.