Man injured in vicious street attack
POLICE are today hunting a thug who viciously attacked a man in an Ipswich street.Officers were called to Shackleton Road just after 11.40pm yesterday following reports that a man had been found in the road with head injuries.
POLICE are today hunting a thug who viciously attacked a man in an Ipswich street.
Officers were called to Shackleton Road just after 11.40pm yesterday following reports that a man had been found in the road with head injuries.
When they arrived they found a 39-year-old man suffering wounds to the back of his head, his ear and his shoulder.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said the man had been walking down the road when it appears he had an altercation with his attacker, who returned with a metal pole.
He said the victim's girlfriend found him in the street and called police.
When officers arrived the man was only semi-conscious, suffering from the wound to the back of his head, swelling around a cut to his left ear and the injury to his right shoulder.
- 1 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 2 'Tit for tat' attacks driven by gang members vying for position, police say
- 3 Thunderstorms warning upgraded in Suffolk ahead of rain
- 4 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 5 VW Golf stolen from Ipswich road after thieves take car keys from home
- 6 Ipswich man and Cadillac films with The Only Way Is Essex
- 7 Window smashed at Ipswich home in spate of attempted burglaries
- 8 Four people charged as police find machete after brawl in Ipswich street
- 9 Severe delays on A12 as carriageway floods during extreme rainfall
- 10 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
The spokesman said: “It appears there may have been some words between the victim and an unidentified assailant before the man attacked him with a pole, which put him in hospital.”
The injured man was kept in Ipswich hospital overnight.
Anyone who witnessed the attack or has information about the people involved should call Suffolk police on 01473 613500.