Man killed as car hits pedestrians
A WORKMAN has been killed and another seriously injured after a car left the road following a crash and ploughed into them.
A WORKMAN has been killed and another seriously injured after a vehicle left the road and crashed into them in an horrific accident.
The tragedy happened in Littlebury Green, near Saffron Walden, and the 53-year-old victim was declared dead at the scene.
Police said a silver Vauxhall Corsa driven by a 19-year-old man from the Saffron Walden area was in collision with a grey VW Golf estate driven by a 47-year-old man from Hadstock in Cambridgeshire.
You may also want to watch:
As a result of the collision, police said the VW Golf left the road and struck two men who were carrying out maintenance work on a street sign adjacent to the road.
One man suffered serious injuries to his head and back, but these are not thought to be life threatening and he is being treated at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge. His colleague was killed.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront
The 19-year-old driver of the Vauxhall Corsa was arrested on suspicion of careless driving and has been released on police bail until December.
Police shut the road for approximately four-and-a-half hours while they carried out their investigation and recovered the vehicles.
The Health and Safety Executive has been made aware of the incident, which happened at 1.45pm on Friday.
Police officers from Dunmow Road Policing Unit would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or may have seen either vehicle close to the location of the crash, officers can be contacted on 0300 333 4444.