Man killed trying to help
AN Ipswich man has been killed while trying to help a stranded motorist, it was revealed today.Father Rodoljub Stojanovic, 53 of Boyton Road, died after being involved in a collision with a car while he was walking along an A12 slip road near Colchester last night.
AN Ipswich man has been killed while trying to help a stranded motorist, it was revealed today.
Father Rodoljub Stojanovic, 53 of Boyton Road, died after being involved in a collision with a car while he was walking along an A12 slip road near Colchester last night.
Details of how the accident happened were still being pieced together today, but it is believed Mr Stojanovic had driven with a second person to help a friend whose car had broken down.
He was then dropped off at the stranded vehicle on the the slip road from the Ipswich-bound A12 onto the Harwich-bound A120.
He had then been walking along the slip road, with a second person, when he was involved in the collision with a Blue Vauxhall Astra driven by a 24-year-old Colchester man.
Mr died shortly after the accident at about 11.10pm last night despite attempts from the police and paramedics to save him.
- 1 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 2 'From one family business to another' - Cattermole's changes hands
- 3 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 4 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 5 46-year-old man who died in Great Bealings crash named
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 8 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 9 New Sports Direct still expected by mid-2022 in Ipswich town centre
- 10 Suffolk entrepreneur Mike Lynch loses $5bn fraud case with Hewlett Packard
An Essex police spokesman said that Mr Stojanovic, a Serbian national, had been walking with a friend when the accident happened. Both the driver and the friend were unhurt but very shaken.
An Essex Ambulance Service spokesman said: “The man suffered multiple injuries.
“Two police officers, who were first on scene, started resuscitation efforts until the ambulance crews arrived shortly afterwards but unfortunately their combined efforts were in vain and the man was confirmed dead at the scene.”
It is believed they were walking to a nearby BP Service station on northbound carriageway of the Colchester bypass.