Man lucky to survive flat fire

AN elderly man is in hospital today after he was overcome by toxic smoke which had engulfed his Ipswich flat.

AN elderly man is in hospital today after he was overcome by toxic smoke which had engulfed his Ipswich flat.

The man had managed to escape a fire in his flat in Foundation Street at about 4.30am but collapsed in a nearby corridor.

For full story see today's Evening Star.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter