MAN plunges to death
MOTORISTS watched in horror today as a man plunged to his death from the Orwell bridge.Police were called to the A14 at Wherstead just after 4.25pm when they received a report of a person being spotted jumping from the 160ft-high bridge.
MOTORISTS watched in horror today as a man plunged to his death from the Orwell bridge.
Police were called to the A14 at Wherstead just after 4.25pm when they received a report of a person being spotted jumping from the 160ft-high bridge.
A short time later ambulance and police officers located a body, believed to be that of a male, near the B1456 road to Shotley.
The identity of the person has not been released but circumstances surrounding the death are not thought to be suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
The death came just hours after Thames coastguard called off a search for a body after a similar report of a person jumping from the bridge just before 1.30am today.
Despite a lengthy search no body was found.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
It is unclear if the two incidents are connected.