Man police want to quiz after attempted burglary at Ipswich town centre clothes shop Hawkshead still in hospital with serious injuries
A man police want to speak to in connection with an attempted burglary in Ipswich town centre almost three weeks ago is still being treated for serious injuries in hospital.
The 42-year-old was found with head injuries at the rear of outdoor clothing store Hawkshead in the Buttermarket at around 4.45am on December 10.
He was treated at the scene by paramedics before being taken to Ipswich Hospital and transferred to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge in a coma.
Police initially described his injuries as life-threatening after his apparent fall from the clothing store. The injured man was discovered after a member of Hawkhead’s staff was called out after a burglar alarm went off.
But a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary today said: “His injuries are no longer thought to be life-threatening but could still be life-changing. He is still seriously ill.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman confirmed officers still want to speak to him in relation to the incident at the clothing store.
Police have stressed that no-one has been arrested at this stage.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood