Ipswich man arrested for third time on suspicion of murder
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested for a third time on suspicion of murder following the death of Ipswich man Joe Pooley.
Mr Pooley, 22, was found around 10.30am on Monday, August 13, in the River Gipping near London Road in the town.
A post-mortem examination carried out on August 14 determined the likely cause of death was immersion in water.
Detectives have re-arrested a 29-year-old man from Ipswich today on suspicion of murder and he has been taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
He was previously arrested on October 2, 2018, and February 6 this year on suspicion of murder and released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
A 33-year-old man and a 24-year-old woman, both formerly from Ipswich, arrested on January 17 on suspicion of murder were bailed to February 12 and 14 respectively. A 28-year-old woman previously arrested on 2 October 2018 on suspicion of murder in connection with the incident, was released under investigation.
- 1 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 2 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 3 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 4 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 5 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 6 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 7 Daughter pays tribute to keen sailor with 'contagious energy'
- 8 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 9 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 10 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park