Man recovers after gang attack
AN IPSWICH man is recovering today after he was stabbed several times by a gang of 20 men.The victim was assaulted by the group of youths in Peterhouse Close in the town at around 10.
AN IPSWICH man is recovering today after he was stabbed several times by a gang of 20 men.
The victim was assaulted by the group of youths in Peterhouse Close in the town at around 10.20pm yesterday.
It is believed that the victim knew his attackers as he left the flat where he was staying to let them in to the secured building.
A resident at the flats, who did not want to be named, said she heard a lot of shouting and screaming on the staircase outside her flat.
You may also want to watch:
"There was a lot of commotion and it sounded like a fight was going on.
"I looked through the security hole of my door and saw about ten blokes in the hallway beating up a bloke.
- 1 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 2 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 3 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 4 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 5 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 6 The 10 most Instagrammable spots in Ipswich - is your favourite on the list?
- 7 35 pictures from Ipswich Town's friendly clash with Palace
- 8 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 9 Christmas in July! Ipswich friends host summer festive feast
- 10 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
"It looked like he had cuts to his face, arms and legs," she said.
The victim, who does not live at the flats, then staggered out of the flats and walked along Cambridge Drive before collapsing.
The man was taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance although it is not thought his injuries are serious and he is expected to be released from hospital within the next 24 hours.
Shane Harding, the caretaker of the flats, said: "The police called me out at about 10.45pm.
"There was about four police cars and the police helicopter was out searching the area.
"It looked like a horrible attack and there was blood everywhere.
"The forensic team have been in and we are hoping to have the staircase cleaned shortly."
It is believed the gang of men had parked their cars in Magdalene Close.
Anyone with information should call Detective Constable Lloyd Stewart at Ipswich CID on 01473 383133 or Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111.