Man released from custody in connection with Tavis Spencer-Aitkens murder
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested on suspicion of murder following the stabbing of Ipswich teenager Tavis Spencer-Aitkens has been released from police custody.
The 17-year-old was attacked by a group of males around 4.50pm on Saturday, June 2, in Packard Avenue, during which he suffered a fatal stab wound.
Yesterday, officers arrested a 28-year-old man from Ipswich on suspicion of murder and he was questioned by detectives before being released under investigation pending further enquiries.
Officers also searched three addresses in the Chantry area of Ipswich yesterday.
Police said these were conducted both in connection with the arrest and also as part of ongoing proactive work across the town to combat the supply of illegal drugs into Suffolk.
As a result of these searches, a quantity of cannabis was discovered and seized.
Six people have previously been charged with murder in connection with the death of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens as follows:
- 1 'From one family business to another' - Cattermole's changes hands
- 2 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 3 46-year-old man who died in Great Bealings crash named
- 4 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 5 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 6 Burglar caught by family in 'bear hug' jailed for four years
- 7 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 8 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 9 Suffolk entrepreneur Mike Lynch loses $5bn fraud case with Hewlett Packard
- 10 Overturned vehicle partially blocking road near Ipswich
- Aristote Yenge, 23, of Ipswich, and a 16-year-old boy from Colchester (who cannot be named for legal reasons), were charged in early June.
- Callum Plaats, 23 of Ipswich, and Adebayo Amusa, aged 20, of Barking in east London, were both charged in late July.
- Leon Glasgow, 42, of no fixed abode, and Isaac Calver, aged 18, of Ipswich, were both charged at the end of August.
All six are currently remanded in custody pending next appearances at Ipswich Crown Court on Friday, September 21.
A 20-year-old man, arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder, remains on bail with the authority of the magistrates’ court until Tuesday, December 4.
Detectives are continuing to appeal for anyone with information about the murder, especially anyone who witnessed the attack or anything suspicious in the area immediately prior to it or directly afterwards, to make contact.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to contact the major investigation team, preferably by uploading information to the online portal: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/804 or by dialling 101 and quoting reference 30192/18.
Alternatively, people can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.