Man remains in coma after an attempted burglary at Hawkshead, in Ipswich
Police have said they are still waiting to speak to a man who is fighting for his life after at attempted burglary in Ipswich.
The man, who is in his 40s and from Ipswich, was last night in a coma in Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge after appearing to have fallen from Hawkshead outdoor clothing in Buttermarket, Ipswich, early last Wednesday morning.
Officers say he remains in a critical condition after being found at the rear of the store.
Charlotte Parker, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “Police are planning to talk to a man who was found injured outside a shop in Ipswich on Wednesday in connection with an attempted burglary of the same property on the same date.
“Officers were called at approximately 4.45am from a key holder at premises on the Buttermarket, stating that a man had been found at the rear of the property with serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“The man, who is believed to be in his 40s, is currently in a critical condition in Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
“Police are currently not looking to talk to anyone else in connection with the attempted burglary.”
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 6 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 7 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads
- 10 Four men released following death of man at Felixstowe lorry park
The injured man was discovered after a member of Hawkhead’s staff was called out after a burglar alarm went off.
On Wednesday morning a door in nearby Dial Lane which leads to an alleyway behind Hawkshead was sealed off with police tape as the investigation began.
Initially the man was taken to Ipswich Hospital to be treated for head injuries, before being transferred to Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
Police have stressed that no one had been arrested at this stage.