Man rescued from burning house
FIREFIGHTERS rescued a man who had been choking on smoke at a house fire in Ipswich today.The man was on the first floor of the building in Burrell Road when the fire broke out on the ground floor at 8am.
FIREFIGHTERS rescued a man who had been choking on smoke at a house fire in Ipswich today.
The man was on the first floor of the building in Burrell Road when the fire broke out on the ground floor at 8am.
After being rescued by fire crews, the man was taken to Heath Road hospital suffering severe smoke inhalation.
Two women and one other man were also in the house at the time but walked out unaided. The women were both taken to Ipswich Hospital suffering smoke inhalation but the man was uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is believed to be a fridge bursting into flames due to faulty wiring or poor ventilation in a room at the back of the house.
Fire sub-officer Dave Collins said: “The ground floor room was substantially fire damaged and the rest of the house was severely smoke-logged after a fridge caught fire.
- 1 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 2 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 5 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 8 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
“We would ask people to ensure their electrical appliances, especially fridges and freezers, have good wiring and proper ventilation.”
The blaze was extinguished by 8.30am by three fire crews.