Search

Man rescued from flat fire

PUBLISHED: 09:59 19 January 2002 | UPDATED: 11:13 03 March 2010

A MAN was rescued from his home following a grill pan fire in Suffolk today.

The blaze broke out just before 4am in a ground floor flat in Constable Road, Sudbury.

A MAN was rescued from his home following a grill pan fire in Suffolk today.

The blaze broke out just before 4am in a ground floor flat in Constable Road, Sudbury.

A man believed to be in his early 20s called the fire brigade when he noticed the grill pan was alight.

Two fire engines from Sudbury and a further crew from Long Melford attended the scene and the fire was brought under control within 20 minutes.

Firefighters searched the remaining four flats but nobody else was in the building.

A resident at the flat, who did not wish to be named, confirmed that nobody was hurt in the blaze.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Ipswich Star

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists