Man robbed in Portman Road after withdrawing cash in Norwich Road
A man was robbed shortly after withdrawing money from a cash machine in Ipswich last night, police have said.
The 24-year-old man withdrew an amount of cash from an ATM in Norwich Road and continued towards town, turning right in to Portman Road at around 7pm.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said that, as he was walking, a man approached from behind and demanded the cash. The victim handed it over.
A group of around 10 men standing nearby ran away after the incident.
The victim returned a short while later and saw the offender again. He chased him to Alderman Road, where he lost sight of him.
You may also want to watch:
The offender is described as having a dark complexion, between 25 and 30 years old, around 6ft tall, had dark coloured short hair and was of a muscular build.
On the first occasion the offender was wearing a brown zipped up leather jacket but on the second occasion a blue zipped Adidas jumper.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 4 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 5 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 6 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 9 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
- 10 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
Police are investigating and have urged any witnesses or people with information about the incident to come forward.
Call police quoting IC/15/2968 on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.