Man robbed in Portman Road after withdrawing cash in Norwich Road
A man was robbed shortly after withdrawing money from a cash machine in Ipswich last night, police have said.
The 24-year-old man withdrew an amount of cash from an ATM in Norwich Road and continued towards town, turning right in to Portman Road at around 7pm.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said that, as he was walking, a man approached from behind and demanded the cash. The victim handed it over.
A group of around 10 men standing nearby ran away after the incident.
The victim returned a short while later and saw the offender again. He chased him to Alderman Road, where he lost sight of him.
The offender is described as having a dark complexion, between 25 and 30 years old, around 6ft tall, had dark coloured short hair and was of a muscular build.
On the first occasion the offender was wearing a brown zipped up leather jacket but on the second occasion a blue zipped Adidas jumper.
- 1 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 2 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 3 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 4 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 5 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 6 7 things around Ipswich which are among the best in the country
- 7 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 10 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
Police are investigating and have urged any witnesses or people with information about the incident to come forward.
Call police quoting IC/15/2968 on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.