Man produces knife in brazen daylight robbery
- Credit: Archant
A daylight robbery near Ipswich town centre has left a man shaken after an offender drew a knife in the middle of the afternoon.
The incident happened at 2.15pm on Monday, December 10 in the car park next to the New Wolsey Theatre in Ipswich, when a man in his 20s was approached by another man.
The victim was asked to hand over his backpack but, after he refused, the offender drew a knife.
The pair were then involved in a struggle and the offender threatened the victim before stealing the backpack.
The victim was left shaken by the incident but was physically unharmed.
The male suspect is described as white, aged between 15 and 18 years of age, between 5ft 10in and 5ft 11in, of a slim build with brown hair and wispy facial hair.
He was wearing a grey hooded top with a white zip and white toggles, with the hood up.
- 1 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 2 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
- 3 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 4 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 5 Man who stole over £1,000 in power tools jailed for 876 days
- 6 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 7 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 8 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- 9 Men charged with heroin and crack cocaine offences in Ipswich
- 10 Tree works to begin after residents left 'fed up' for two years
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact South CID on 101 quoting reference 71403/18.
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via the anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org