Man produces knife in brazen daylight robbery
- Credit: Archant
A daylight robbery near Ipswich town centre has left a man shaken after an offender drew a knife in the middle of the afternoon.
The incident happened at 2.15pm on Monday, December 10 in the car park next to the New Wolsey Theatre in Ipswich, when a man in his 20s was approached by another man.
The victim was asked to hand over his backpack but, after he refused, the offender drew a knife.
The pair were then involved in a struggle and the offender threatened the victim before stealing the backpack.
The victim was left shaken by the incident but was physically unharmed.
You may also want to watch:
The male suspect is described as white, aged between 15 and 18 years of age, between 5ft 10in and 5ft 11in, of a slim build with brown hair and wispy facial hair.
He was wearing a grey hooded top with a white zip and white toggles, with the hood up.
- 1 Ipswich pharmacy first to offer Covid vaccinations
- 2 Ipswich schoolgirl, aged 14, missing
- 3 CCTV appeal after £400 of distraction thefts targeting elderly
- 4 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Hot Sausage Company launches cook-at-home meal kits
- 6 Supermarket chain set to recruit thousands more staff
- 7 ‘A matter of life or death’: Nurse scared to work on ward in 'basic mask'
- 8 'Yet another blow' as town bank earmarked for closure
- 9 New Combat2Coffee venue set to open in Ipswich town centre
- 10 'Dedicated' volunteer police officer dies after having Covid-19
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact South CID on 101 quoting reference 71403/18.
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via the anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org