Man produces knife in brazen daylight robbery
- Credit: Archant
A daylight robbery near Ipswich town centre has left a man shaken after an offender drew a knife in the middle of the afternoon.
The incident happened at 2.15pm on Monday, December 10 in the car park next to the New Wolsey Theatre in Ipswich, when a man in his 20s was approached by another man.
The victim was asked to hand over his backpack but, after he refused, the offender drew a knife.
The pair were then involved in a struggle and the offender threatened the victim before stealing the backpack.
The victim was left shaken by the incident but was physically unharmed.
You may also want to watch:
The male suspect is described as white, aged between 15 and 18 years of age, between 5ft 10in and 5ft 11in, of a slim build with brown hair and wispy facial hair.
He was wearing a grey hooded top with a white zip and white toggles, with the hood up.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 10 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact South CID on 101 quoting reference 71403/18.
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via the anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org