Man's body washed up at terminal
A BODY of a man has been found on the shore at the West Bank Terminal in Ipswich today.Police were called at around 9am this morning by a member of the public reporting that they had found a body on the beach.
A BODY of a man has been found on the shore at the West Bank Terminal in Ipswich today.
Police were called at around 9am this morning by a member of the public reporting that they had found a body on the beach.
It is believed the body may have been in the water for some time and had washed up on the shore from the River Orwell.
An area between two berths at the terminal on Wherstead Road, Ipswich has been cordoned off while police recover the body.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said: “Enquiries are currently in hand to identify the person found.
“The death is being treated as unexplained at this time and a post mortem will be conducted in due course.”
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 3 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 4 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 7 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 8 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 9 Suffolk headteacher criticises school rankings
- 10 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
A spokeswoman for Associated British Ports which runs the port at Ipswich said: “We are aware that the body was found.
“Emergency services are dealing with it. We are not aware if it was a Port employee who found the body.”
One worker at Fox's Marina said they had not seen anything unusual during the morning and were unaware of the drama unfolding.
However she added: “I have known of a few bodies wash up around here but it is not an everyday occurrence.”
The worker said it was a possibility that someone could have jumped from the Orwell Bridge and been washed ashore.
If anyone has any information about this incident they should contact Ipswich Police on 01473 613500.
Did you see the incident? Contact The Evening Star news desk on 01473 324788 or email firstname.lastname@example.org