Man's face smashed in gang attack
A MAN is recovering from a broken cheekbone today after he was attacked by a gang of youths in Ipswich.The 33-year-old man was walking his dog with his partner along Shackleton Road, when they were verbally abused by three men.
By Georgina James
A MAN is recovering today from a broken cheekbone after he was attacked by a gang of youths in Ipswich.
The 33-year-old was walking his dog with his partner along Shackleton Road when they were verbally abused by three men.
The man was then set upon by one of the offenders and attacked with a stick.
The incident took place on Saturday at about 11.40pm.
The victim suffered facial injuries, including a fractured cheekbone and loss of peripheral vision in one of his eyes.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 4 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 5 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 6 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 7 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 10 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
The youths are described as white, two wore black-hooded tops and one wore a black zip-up top.
The taller youth carried out the vicious attack.
Inspector Andy Solomon said: "This was an unprovoked attack where the victim has been left with quite serious injuries.
"We are keen to hear from anyone who was in the area who may have any information."
Anyone with information should call Pc Paul Canham at Ipswich police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.