Man's face smashed in gang attack
A MAN is recovering from a broken cheekbone today after he was attacked by a gang of youths in Ipswich.The 33-year-old man was walking his dog with his partner along Shackleton Road, when they were verbally abused by three men.
By Georgina James
A MAN is recovering today from a broken cheekbone after he was attacked by a gang of youths in Ipswich.
The 33-year-old was walking his dog with his partner along Shackleton Road when they were verbally abused by three men.
The man was then set upon by one of the offenders and attacked with a stick.
You may also want to watch:
The incident took place on Saturday at about 11.40pm.
The victim suffered facial injuries, including a fractured cheekbone and loss of peripheral vision in one of his eyes.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 3 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 4 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Kind and caring' friend of the football community dies
- 7 Historic Waterfront church to be new Ipswich music venue
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 9 Risk of thundery showers this evening, say forecasters
- 10 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit
The youths are described as white, two wore black-hooded tops and one wore a black zip-up top.
The taller youth carried out the vicious attack.
Inspector Andy Solomon said: "This was an unprovoked attack where the victim has been left with quite serious injuries.
"We are keen to hear from anyone who was in the area who may have any information."
Anyone with information should call Pc Paul Canham at Ipswich police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.