Man's face smashed in gang attack
A MAN is recovering from a broken cheekbone today after he was attacked by a gang of youths in Ipswich.The 33-year-old man was walking his dog with his partner along Shackleton Road, when they were verbally abused by three men.
By Georgina James
A MAN is recovering today from a broken cheekbone after he was attacked by a gang of youths in Ipswich.
The 33-year-old was walking his dog with his partner along Shackleton Road when they were verbally abused by three men.
The man was then set upon by one of the offenders and attacked with a stick.
You may also want to watch:
The incident took place on Saturday at about 11.40pm.
The victim suffered facial injuries, including a fractured cheekbone and loss of peripheral vision in one of his eyes.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 3 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 4 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 5 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light
- 6 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 7 New streetfood restaurant set to open in Ipswich Corn Exchange
- 8 Ipswich man charged over alleged cocaine dealing
- 9 Man drove into ex-partner's parked car outside Gainsborough Labour and Social Club
The youths are described as white, two wore black-hooded tops and one wore a black zip-up top.
The taller youth carried out the vicious attack.
Inspector Andy Solomon said: "This was an unprovoked attack where the victim has been left with quite serious injuries.
"We are keen to hear from anyone who was in the area who may have any information."
Anyone with information should call Pc Paul Canham at Ipswich police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.