Man seriously injured in A14 smash
A MOTORIST has been seriously injured after a smash on the A14 involving a heavy goods vehicle and a car.Serious damage was caused to a Pontac Trans-Am sports car in the crash, which happened at about 1.
A MOTORIST has been seriously injured after a smash on the A14 involving a heavy goods vehicle and a car.
Serious damage was caused to a Pontiac Trans-Am sports car in the crash, which happened at about 1.45pm on the Felixstowe bound carriageway, between Copdock and the Wherstead slip-road.
The rear of a heavy goods vehicle involved in the accident was damaged, although the driver was unharmed. No one else was involved.
Traffic was limited to the outside lane after the crash, with tailbacks stretching back around three miles.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews had to cut one male out his car after he was trapped in the wreckage.
A police spokeswoman confirmed someone had been taken to hospital, but was unable to give any personal details or the extent of the injuries.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 3 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 4 'Kind and caring' friend of the football community dies
- 5 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Historic Waterfront church to be new Ipswich music venue
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 9 Risk of thundery showers this evening, say forecasters
- 10 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit
Accident investigators were due on the scene to try and establish the cause of the accident.
It was not known how long part of the road would be closed.