Man seriously injured in A14 smash
A MOTORIST has been seriously injured after a smash on the A14 involving a heavy goods vehicle and a car.Serious damage was caused to a Pontac Trans-Am sports car in the crash, which happened at about 1.
A MOTORIST has been seriously injured after a smash on the A14 involving a heavy goods vehicle and a car.
Serious damage was caused to a Pontiac Trans-Am sports car in the crash, which happened at about 1.45pm on the Felixstowe bound carriageway, between Copdock and the Wherstead slip-road.
The rear of a heavy goods vehicle involved in the accident was damaged, although the driver was unharmed. No one else was involved.
Traffic was limited to the outside lane after the crash, with tailbacks stretching back around three miles.
Fire crews had to cut one male out his car after he was trapped in the wreckage.
A police spokeswoman confirmed someone had been taken to hospital, but was unable to give any personal details or the extent of the injuries.
- 1 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 2 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 3 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 4 Parking woes for shop parade hit by 'continous roadworks'
- 5 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 6 Driver taken to hospital after car crashes into parked vehicle
- 7 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 8 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 9 List of 18 rejected proposals to save Felixstowe beach huts revealed
- 10 Fuel spillage causes delays on busy Ipswich road after truck breaks down
Accident investigators were due on the scene to try and establish the cause of the accident.
It was not known how long part of the road would be closed.