Man seriously injured in A14 smash
A MOTORIST has been seriously injured after a smash on the A14 involving a heavy goods vehicle and a car.Serious damage was caused to a Pontac Trans-Am sports car in the crash, which happened at about 1.
A MOTORIST has been seriously injured after a smash on the A14 involving a heavy goods vehicle and a car.
Serious damage was caused to a Pontiac Trans-Am sports car in the crash, which happened at about 1.45pm on the Felixstowe bound carriageway, between Copdock and the Wherstead slip-road.
The rear of a heavy goods vehicle involved in the accident was damaged, although the driver was unharmed. No one else was involved.
Traffic was limited to the outside lane after the crash, with tailbacks stretching back around three miles.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews had to cut one male out his car after he was trapped in the wreckage.
A police spokeswoman confirmed someone had been taken to hospital, but was unable to give any personal details or the extent of the injuries.
- 1 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 4 NHS confirms new Ipswich 'super-surgery' should open in 2024
- 5 'The village already can't cope' - Concerns over 114-home plan
- 6 Kesgrave shooting: Teen who tried to kill friend set to be sentenced
- 7 Town centre delays following accident
- 8 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 9 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 10 'Extra-cautionary' Covid measures reintroduced at Kesgrave High
Accident investigators were due on the scene to try and establish the cause of the accident.
It was not known how long part of the road would be closed.