Man shot outside prison
A MAN was shot dead outside Wandsworth Prison today, the Metropolitan Police said.Emergency services were called to the south west London jail at about 2.
A MAN was shot dead outside Wandsworth Prison today, the Metropolitan Police said.
Emergency services were called to the south west London jail at about 2.30pm after reports of a gunfire.
Police are hunting two men seen running away from the scene. It is believed the man was leaving the prison after visiting an inmate.
mfl A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "We were called at 2.30pm to Heathfield Road after reports of a man shot outside the prison.
You may also want to watch:
"On arrival we found a man with gunshot wounds. Ambulance staff were treating him at the scene. He subsequently died.
"Two men were seen running away from the area towards Alma Terrace. Searches are ongoing. Several nearby roads have been cordoned off."
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 8 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
A London Ambulance Service (LAS) spokesman said: "We were called at approximately 2.30pm to reports of a shooting on the Earlsfield Road.
"We sent two single response vehicles and two ambulance crews, an officer and an air ambulance doctor in a car.
"Sadly an adult male patient was pronounced dead at the scene.'
mfl The shooting took place in the car park outside the prison, it is understood.
The victim was leaving the jail after visiting an inmate when he was gunned down. At least four shots were fired.