Man stabbed in neck during fight
A MAN was recovering in hospital today after being stabbed in the neck during a night out in Ipswich.The man, believed to be in his mid 20s, received his injuries after fighting broke out at the Caribbean Club in Woodbridge Road early this morning.
A MAN was recovering in hospital today after being stabbed in the neck during a night out in Ipswich.
The man, believed to be in his mid 20s, received his injuries after fighting broke out at the Caribbean Club in Woodbridge Road early this morning.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said: “We received a call to the Caribbean Club at about 3am to reports of several people who were injured.
“We treated a man for a stab wound to his neck and he was taken to Ipswich Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“We also treated a man for a stab wound to his arm.”
It is not known whether the second man's injuries were bad enough to need hospital treatment.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 10 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
A police spokeswoman said: “We were called to the Caribbean Club by ambulance crews at around 3.05am and a man was subsequently taken to Ipswich Hospital, where he remains in a stable condition with a cut to his neck.”
Police were unable to confirm whether the assaults had taken place inside the club or on the street outside.
It is believed a private function may have been taking place at the venue.
The spokeswoman said: “We are unable to release any further details on the injured man because our enquiries are still ongoing.
“We would ask for anyone who saw anything to contact us.”
Ambulance crews were also called to Tacket Street early today after a man was assaulted.
A spokesman said they were called to the outside of Cash Converters at around 1am where they treated a man with facial injuries. He was taken to the temporary medical centre set up by St John's Ambulance in Cardinal Park to help people with minor medical emergencies during one of the busiest nights of the year.
If you have any information on the stabbings at the Caribbean Club call police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.