Man stretchered from wrecked car
EMERGENCY services had to cut a driver free from his wrecked car today.Three fire crews, police and an ambulance attended just after 11am.The Red Citroen car is believed to have veered off the road on the old A14 near Levington Marina, and crashed into an overgrown ditch.
By Colin Adwent
EMERGENCY services had to cut a driver free from his wrecked car today.
Three fire crews, police and an ambulance attended just after 11am.
The Red Citroen car is believed to have veered off the road on the old A14 near Levington Marina, and crashed into an overgrown ditch.
You may also want to watch:
It remained buried in bushes as more than a dozen fire firefighters used cutting gear to get the male casualty out and onto a spinal stretcher.
Pc Gary Buss said: "In any situation like thus where there is a possibility of neck and back injuries, we take all precautions.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 9 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 10 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
"We would like to hear from anyone who saw the car leave the road, or saw a red Citroen just prior to the accident."
Witnesses should call police on 01473 613500.