Man suffered minor injuries after colliding with a bus as fans left Portman Road following Ipswich Town match
- Credit: Natalie Sadler
A man in his 20s collided with a bus close to the Portman Road football stadium in Ipswich last night.
It happened just after 5pm at the Princes Street junction with Portman Road, just as fans left the stadium following Ipswich Town’s 2-2 draw against Reading.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said they were contacted by the ambulance service at 5.16pm reporting a man had been struck by a bus and suffered minor injuries.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust said they were called at 5.05pm about the collision, in a busy area, and two ambulances arrived within three or four minutes.
A paramedic in a car also attended, as well the football stadium’s own first aiders.
The spokeswoman confirmed minor injuries were suffered and it is not believed the man was sent to hospital.
There is no police investigation underway.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 7 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 10 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season
The bus was owned by Ipswich Buses.