Man suffers head injuries in attack
A MAN was taken to hospital today with serious head injuries following an attack in Ipswich.The 20-year-old man was assaulted as he walked along Norwich Road, near to the Rose and Crown pub at about 3.
A MAN was taken to hospital today with serious head injuries following an attack in Ipswich.
The 20-year-old man was assaulted as he walked along Norwich Road, near to the Rose and Crown pub at about 3.20am.
Paramedics treated the man at the scene and then took him to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance.
Officers are waiting to speak to the victim to try and establish the exact circumstances of what happened.
In the meantime, police are appealing for anyone who was in the area around the time of the incident or who witnessed the assault to contact Pc Dan Ormes at Ipswich police on 01473 613500.
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 3 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 4 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 5 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 10 Suffolk headteacher criticises school rankings