Man suffers head injuries in fight
A 24-YEAR-OLD man is recovering today after sustaining serious head injuries after he was battered over the head in Ipswich.The victim, who is from the Ipswich area, was taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance with what paramedics described as 'quite serious head injuries'.
A 24-YEAR-OLD man is recovering today after sustaining serious head injuries after he was battered over the head in Ipswich.
The victim, who is from the Ipswich area, was taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance with what paramedics described as 'quite serious head injuries'.
Police were called to the Stoke Park area of the town after initial reports indicated that a man had been stabbed in the head.
However on arrival police and paramedics found this not to be the case.
Police have arrested a man in connection with the assault.
He is being held at Ipswich police station where officers are waiting to question him about the incident.
- 1 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 2 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
- 6 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 7 Ipswich shop owner among UK's top 100 female business women
- 8 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 9 Man charged in connection of drug offences in Ipswich
- 10 Hunt for Vicky's killer continues nearly six months after suspect arrested
It is believed an argument broke out between two men and a woman in alleyway between Downside Close and Alderlee at about 5.20pm yesterday.
The offender is believed to have struck the victim over the head several times, however, the type of weapon used in the attack is not yet known.
Although the victim was badly injured his injuries are believed to be life threatening.
Duty Inspector Martin Barnes-Smith of Suffolk Police said: "I can confirm that a man has been arrested by police and he is currently helping us with our enquiries."
A spokesman for the East Anglian Ambulance Trust said: "We took one male casualty to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance with quite serious head injuries."