Man ‘suffers punctured lung’ after being stabbed in Grimwade Street, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A young Ipswich man is recovering in hospital after he was stabbed in Grimwade Street.
Police are investigating reports of a stabbing and an assault near a block of flats which left another man, believed to be in his 20s, with a broken arm.
According to a witness the first man, also in his 20s, suffered a punctured lung.
He was rushed to Ipswich Hospital where he remains – but police say he is expected to make a full recovery.
Enquiries into the incident – believed to have involved a group of men – are continuing, but no-one has been arrested.
A police spokeswoman said officers were sent to Grimwade Street close to the road’s junction with Rope Walk shortly after 1am on Saturday.
They arrived to find a man in his 20s who police believe had been stabbed and another man who had been assaulted.
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 3 Burger van owner's anger after thieves steal food from trailer in Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 5 Ipswich man, 27, arrested after stabbing in Bury St Edmunds car park
- 6 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 7 'Fantastic opportunity' as Ipswich's Thomas Wolsey pub listed for sale
- 8 Travellers remain at Ipswich park after arrival last week
- 9 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 10 Search ongoing for 29-year-old Suffolk man missing for three weeks
The spokeswoman added: “Police were called by the ambulance service shortly after 1am on Saturday, August 12, to reports of an incident at an address in Grimwade Street.
“Officers quickly attended and it became clear that two men in their 20s had been injured.
“One man had been stabbed and another had been assaulted and had sustained a broken arm.
She said: “We are making further enquiries into this incident.”