Man suffers serious burns after incident at Nansen Road in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A 44-year-old man is in a critical condition after sustaining serious burn injuries during an incident in Ipswich.
Emergency services were called late on Wednesday to reports that a woman had been assaulted and a man had then set fire to himself at an address in Nansen Road. The man and woman are known to each other.
The man was initially taken to Ipswich Hospital and then transferred to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford, where he remains in a critical condition. The woman sustained minor injuries only during this incident.
Emergency services – police, the fire service, an ambulance and the air ambulance.
The man was found to be suffering from serious burns and was taken to hospital by land ambulance – the air ambulance was stood down. Police were at the scene for much of the night before leaving Nansen Road at about 3am.
You may also want to watch:
Police said they were not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident but investigations into exactly what happened are continuing.
A single fire appliance from Ipswich’s Princes Street Fire Station was sent to the fire and were able to return to the station within 40 minutes of getting the original call to the incident shortly before 11.30pm on Wednesday night.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high