Man seriously injured in town centre fight
- Credit: Archant
A man was seriously injured after a fight involving a number of people in Ipswich town centre last night, police have said.
Police were called around 9:40pm to reports of a fight in the area of St Lawrence Church between Dial Lane and St Lawrence Street.
When officers arrived they found a man lying on the ground who had suffered head injuries. He was taken to Ipswich Hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
The victim has sustained broken ribs and lacerations to his head. No weapons were seen or recovered.
Police are appealing for witnesses or anybody who has any information regarding the incident to contact Ipswich CID on 101, quoting reference 21923/19.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 6 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast