Man seriously injured in town centre fight
- Credit: Archant
A man was seriously injured after a fight involving a number of people in Ipswich town centre last night, police have said.
Police were called around 9:40pm to reports of a fight in the area of St Lawrence Church between Dial Lane and St Lawrence Street.
When officers arrived they found a man lying on the ground who had suffered head injuries. He was taken to Ipswich Hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
The victim has sustained broken ribs and lacerations to his head. No weapons were seen or recovered.
Police are appealing for witnesses or anybody who has any information regarding the incident to contact Ipswich CID on 101, quoting reference 21923/19.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- 2 Police on scene of 'ongoing incident' in Ipswich cul-de-sac
- 3 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 4 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 5 Death of 'happy go lucky' woman could not have been predicted
- 6 Aldi to retain Whitton Meredith Road store after taking it off the market
- 7 New mass vaccination centre in Ipswich opens today
- 8 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 9 Eat like a Premier League footballer
- 10 Critical care full and nearly 700 patients fighting Covid in hospital