Man taken to hospital after fire

A MAN suffered smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in a ground floor flat in Ipswich.Four fire crews were called to the blaze in Piper's Court in Old Foundry Road just after 8.

A MAN suffered smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in a ground floor flat in Ipswich.

Four fire crews were called to the blaze in Piper's Court in Old Foundry Road just after 8.35pm last night.

Paramedics treated the man before he was taken to Ipswich hospital.

The fire was one of a number which broke out across Suffolk last night and early this morning.

See tonight's Evening Star for the full story.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter