Man threatened to become fireball
A MAN was arrested last night after dousing himself with petrol and threatening to set himself on fire.Police were called to an address in Bury Road, Great Livermere, at about 8.
A MAN was arrested last night after dousing himself with petrol and threatening to set himself on fire.
Police were called to an address in Bury Road, Great Livermere, at about 8.30pm following reports a 40-year-old emotionally-disturbed man had threatened to burn the house down following an argument.
Inspector Mike Hinshelwood, of Suffolk police, said: "When police arrived, the man poured petrol over himself and threatened to set himself alight."
Fire and ambulance crews were called to the scene, while specially-trained police negotiators were also drafted in.
You may also want to watch:
"After a period of time, the man was subsequently arrested without suffering any injuries just before 10.15pm," added Insp Hinshelwood.
- 1 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 2 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 3 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 6 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 7 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 10 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season