Man threatened to become fireball
A MAN was arrested last night after dousing himself with petrol and threatening to set himself on fire.Police were called to an address in Bury Road, Great Livermere, at about 8.
A MAN was arrested last night after dousing himself with petrol and threatening to set himself on fire.
Police were called to an address in Bury Road, Great Livermere, at about 8.30pm following reports a 40-year-old emotionally-disturbed man had threatened to burn the house down following an argument.
Inspector Mike Hinshelwood, of Suffolk police, said: "When police arrived, the man poured petrol over himself and threatened to set himself alight."
Fire and ambulance crews were called to the scene, while specially-trained police negotiators were also drafted in.
"After a period of time, the man was subsequently arrested without suffering any injuries just before 10.15pm," added Insp Hinshelwood.
- 1 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 2 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 3 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 4 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 5 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
- 8 'Really lovely and easy to talk to' - Tributes to passionate beekeeper Alan
- 9 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 10 Orwell Bridge reduced speed limit 'likely' as Storm Barra hits Suffolk