Man threatened to become fireball
A MAN was arrested last night after dousing himself with petrol and threatening to set himself on fire.Police were called to an address in Bury Road, Great Livermere, at about 8.
A MAN was arrested last night after dousing himself with petrol and threatening to set himself on fire.
Police were called to an address in Bury Road, Great Livermere, at about 8.30pm following reports a 40-year-old emotionally-disturbed man had threatened to burn the house down following an argument.
Inspector Mike Hinshelwood, of Suffolk police, said: "When police arrived, the man poured petrol over himself and threatened to set himself alight."
Fire and ambulance crews were called to the scene, while specially-trained police negotiators were also drafted in.
You may also want to watch:
"After a period of time, the man was subsequently arrested without suffering any injuries just before 10.15pm," added Insp Hinshelwood.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 3 'Gutted' Ipswich burger van man loses everything in fire devastation
- 4 Man left with life-changing injuries following stabbing in Ipswich
- 5 Mum opens eco-friendly refill store thanks to savings and public donations
- 6 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 7 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 8 New Starbucks drive thru set to open in Ipswich
- 9 Man charged with assault after police officer punched in the face
- 10 'Controlling' man locked girlfriend in house