Man threatens staff with knife at Ipswich Farmfoods and demands cash
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for a robber who raided a supermarket in Ipswich tonight and demanded cash from staff while wielding a knife.
The incident happened in the Farmfoods store in Bramford Road around 6.50pm.
No-one is believed to have been seriously hurt as a result of the attack, a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said.
Money was taken from the till but it is not known how much at this stage.
The culprit is described as a white man around 6ft tall who was wearing a navy blue hoodie with the hood up and navy blue trousers.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from Suffolk Constabulary are currently patrolling the area in search of the man.
The police spokesman said: “A male has threatened staff at Farmfoods in Bramford Road with a knife and run off.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 10 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
“We are still in the process of looking for him.”
The spokesman said the man had demanded cash from the staff.
Both the head office and the area store manager at Farmfoods declined to comment.
Police are expected to release further details later today.
Any witnesses or anyone with information that can help police with their investigation is urged to call 101.