Man threatens staff with knife at Ipswich Farmfoods and demands cash
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for a robber who raided a supermarket in Ipswich tonight and demanded cash from staff while wielding a knife.
The incident happened in the Farmfoods store in Bramford Road around 6.50pm.
No-one is believed to have been seriously hurt as a result of the attack, a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said.
Money was taken from the till but it is not known how much at this stage.
The culprit is described as a white man around 6ft tall who was wearing a navy blue hoodie with the hood up and navy blue trousers.
Officers from Suffolk Constabulary are currently patrolling the area in search of the man.
The police spokesman said: “A male has threatened staff at Farmfoods in Bramford Road with a knife and run off.
- 1 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 2 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 3 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 4 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 5 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 6 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 7 New Venezuelan restaurant to bring fusion of flavour to Ipswich
- 8 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 9 Baby Elsie in ship-shape despite dramatic birth in car at Sutton Hoo
- 10 Serving police officer appears in court over alleged misconduct offence
“We are still in the process of looking for him.”
The spokesman said the man had demanded cash from the staff.
Both the head office and the area store manager at Farmfoods declined to comment.
Police are expected to release further details later today.
Any witnesses or anyone with information that can help police with their investigation is urged to call 101.