Search

Man to be charged with sex assault at Ipswich Hospital

PUBLISHED: 11:43 24 June 2015 | UPDATED: 11:43 24 June 2015

Ipswich Hospital

Ipswich Hospital

A 50-year-old man is to appear in court to be charged with indecently assaulting a woman at Ipswich Hospital

Anne-Marie Breach, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said the man has been summonsed to appear before South East Suffolk Magistrates Court in Ipswich where he will be formally charged with sexual assault on a female.

His first appearance in court is scheduled for July 28.

At this stage his name has not been released as he has not been charged.

It is understood he was living in the Woodbrdge area at the time of the alleged offence.

The incident is said to have happened in Heath Road, outside the accident and emergency department, at about noon on Friday, December 19 last year.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ipswich Star. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Ipswich Star