Man treated after kitchen blaze

A MAN suffered the affects of smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in his home this evening.

A MAN suffered the affects of smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in his home this evening.

The blaze broke out in the kitchen of a home in Bronte Close, Braintree at around 8.50pm.

Essex Fire and Rescue Service received an emergency call, sending two crews from Braintree and another from Coggeshall to tackle the flames.

A 54-year-old man was treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics.

Firefighters wearing breathing equipment used a hose reel and one main jet to extinguish the fire in the kitchen of the end-terraced property.

The blaze was under control by about 7.20pm when crews began ventilating the property.