Man treated for burns after house fire

A MAN suffered burns to his hands and feet after a house fire in Clacton-on-Sea last night.

Firefighters attended the house in Boxted Avenue at around 7.30pm and extinguished the fire in just under 20 minutes.

They gave him first aid and oxygen therapy to combat the effects of smoke inhalation before an ambulance arrived.

Two crews from Clacton fire station put the fire out with a hose reel jet and used fans to clear smoke from the building.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter