Man who breached restraining order could be released from prison this week
PUBLISHED: 16:41 19 December 2016 | UPDATED: 16:41 19 December 2016
An Ipswich man who was banned from contacting his partner after he assaulted her has been jailed for breaching the court order.
John Millwood pleaded guilty at Ipswich Crown Court on Monday to breaching a restraining order banning him from contacting Karen Wright.
The court heard that an indefinite restraining order was made in March 2012 and Millwood breached it on July 7 by visiting Mrs Wrights home.
Recorder Gerard Pounder jailed Millwood for 10 months and said that as a result of the time he had spent in custody he should be released this week.
Sentencing him the judge accepted Millwood had received mixed messages from Mrs Wright and warned him against breaching the order again.
Laura Kenyon, prosecuting, said text messages and the contents of a video showed that contact between Milwood and Mrs Wright wasn’t limited to the visit to her home by him on July 7 and accepted there had been a degree of connivance on the part of Mrs Wright.
Charles Kellett for Millwood said Mrs Wright had frequently contacted his client and had tried to seduce him.
He said Millwood had served the equivalent of an 11 month sentence in custody.