Man from Ipswich dies in two-vehicle crash near Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Police have confirmed a man who died in a two-vehicle crash in Linton near Cambridge was 50-year-old Mitica Baiculescu from Ipswich.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the collision on the A1307 on Friday, July 13.
At around 9.15pm, a black Volkswagen Passat and a blue Audi A3 collided outside Dalehead Foods in Cambridge Road.
Mr Baiculescu, of London Road, who was a passenger in the Volkswagen, died at the scene.
The drivers of both vehicles, and three passengers in the Volkswagen, sustained serious injuries and were taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, where one person remains.
PC John Blood, from the Forensic Collision Investigation Unit (FCIU), said: “I would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or either of the vehicles in the moments leading up to it.
“It happened around the time of a shift changeover at Dalehead Foods therefore there were a number of cars leaving the site around the time of the collision.
- 1 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 2 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 5 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 6 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 7 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 8 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 9 Town to gather to remember flood victims 69 years on
- 10 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
“I am particularly keen to hear from any employees who were leaving or arriving at the site around this time.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the roads policing unit on 101, quoting incident 495 of July 13.